Thank you for taking time to fill out this survey. It is being conducted by the Youth STEMM Award and the Wellcome Genome Campus Public Engagement team who are researching Young people’s opinions about STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths and Medicine) and STEMM-related careers.
Once you’ve completed these questions, you will have the option to enter a prize draw to win a £25 voucher (Amazon or Waterstones). A name will be randomly chosen at the end of July 2021 and we will contact the winner by email.
There are no right or wrong answers – it is important that we hear your honest opinions.
When answering the questions you’ll give us lots of interesting data about you and your opinions – we promise we’ll keep it safe. You can read all the detail of how we’ll use your data online https://ysawards.co.uk/privacy-policy/, but the key things to know are:
- Why do we need your data? So we can continue what works in the Youth STEMM Award programme and Black STEMM Futures and improve what doesn’t
- We do loads of work with the University of East Anglia and the Wellcome Genome Campus – we’ll share your answers with them, so they can learn from them too
- Will we sell your data? Absolutely not! And we won’t share it with any other companies, unless we’ve told you about them here or the law says that we need to
- Don’t want us to use your data anymore? No problem, you can ask us to get rid of your answers to our questions before we start reviewing the data. If you don’t want us to use your data after all, get in touch within the next 3 weeks: HQ@ysawards.co.uk
- Don’t worry, we won’t keep your data for longer than we need to – we’ll keep it safe until it’s no longer useful for our long-term evaluation
- We may use your answers in reports, marketing materials or other publications, but you’ll never be able to be identified as they’ll always be used anonymously
- Finally – we’ll only ever use the info you give us in the way that UK data protection law allows us to
If you have any queries regarding this, or the survey questions, please contact HQ@ysawards.co.uk
To make a complaint about this survey or research, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org